Monday, August 24, 2020

SiteGround WordPress Hosting Review 2020

SiteGround WordPress Hosting Review 2020

In this video I’m going to explain all you need to know about SiteGround’s WordPress hosting. I’m going to show you what it is, how you can sign up for it, and I’ll also give you my personal impression as I’m a SiteGround WordPress hosting customer.

SiteGround WordPress Hosting

Here’s a complete video version of this review. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel for tutorials, free courses, and more!


What is WordPress Hosting?

Before we start, let me quickly touch upon what managed WordPress hosting (or optimized WordPress hosting) is. We do have a dedicated tutorial explaining this more fully (link below) but here’s a quick summary so we can move on.

Managed WordPress hosting is a type of hosting service that’s geared specifically for WordPress websites. The main benefit is that the hosting provider will take care of all the tedious tasks; the technical parts of running a WordPress website. Tasks such as installation, updates, backups, security etc. are handled on your behalf.

This type of WordPress hosting is more expensive than traditional hosting but it’s better suited to users who are less technically-minded, or anyone who just doesn’t have time to do all of these things.

Managed WordPress Hosting on SiteGround

SiteGround is one of the hosting providers which offers managed WordPress hosting.

 Managed WordPress Hosting on SiteGround
Managed WordPress Hosting price tiers on SiteGround

This is a product I myself use, for a couple of websites that I run. To get it for yourself go to this landing page on Themeforest where you can sign up for 60% less than the advertised price.

Pricing Tiers

There are currently three tiers; the StartUp, the GrowBig and the GoGeek packages. Discounted prices start at $6.99 per month, rising to $14.99 per month. The more expensive tiers are necessary if you need more space on the server, command bigger traffic numbers, or need more than one website.

All plans include features such as free installation, migrator, SSL, WordPress autoupdates and more.

It’s also worth noting that you can purchase your domain through SiteGround too, so everything is handled from one place.

My Experience So Far

Check out the video version of this tutorial and I’ll walk you through my account at SiteGround. Follow along and you’ll get a solid idea of the products and tools SiteGround offers.

In terms of my own experience, my websites are still young and relatively undemanding, but SiteGround has been really simple to use so far, and I’ve had no problems. Recently I had to chat with support because of an issue with the Gutenberg editor; I thought there was an issue with the hosting, but it was in fact a known Gutenberg bug where it wouldn’t show the dashboard icons. Support helped me fix it nonetheless.

Learn More About WordPress Hosting

Be sure to watch the video version of this article for way more detail. Find out more about WordPress hosting with the following resources, and don’t forget you can get 60% of your SiteGround WordPress hosting with Envato!


No comments:

Post a Comment